Gippsland Offshore Operations
- Activity name
- Gippsland Offshore Operations
- Activity types
- Operation of a petroleum pipeline, Any other petroleum-related activity
- Submitted by
- Cooper Energy Limited
- Submission date
- Submission type
- Revision (Change of Circumstances or Operations)
- Titleholder to provide more information
- Related documents
- Link to previously accepted EP
- Basker-Manta-Gummy (BMG) Non-Production Phase
- Progress bar
SubmissionAssessment with titleholderFinal decisionEP summary publishedActivity startedActivity stoppedEnd of operation of EP
|Event||Event date||Next event*||Next event due*||Related documents|
|Submission of new EP||13/12/2018||NOPSEMA decision||14/01/2019||Not applicable|
|Unable to make a decision within 30 days – complex assessment||14/01/2019||NOPSEMA decision||21/01/2019||Not applicable|
|Request for further information||17/01/2019||Titleholder action||16/02/2019||Not applicable|
* The next event is based on NOPSEMA’s understanding and expectation of what may occur next in the assessment process. There are a number of other events that may occur, and events may happen sooner or later than expected. All events will be published in this table as and when they take place.
- Activity description
Cooper Energy Limited (Cooper Energy) holds a 100% interest and is the operator of the Gippsland Offshore Operations assets off Victoria’s south-west coast within the following Licence areas:
- Basker Manta Gummy (BMG) fields and associated infrastructure in VIC/RL13, VIC/RL14 and VIC/RL15, approximately 55 km from Cape Conran;
- Patricia Baleen gas field and associated infrastructure in VIC/L21, 25 km south of Marlo, and associated pipeline and umbilical (VIC/PL31 and VIC/PL31(V)) to the Orbost Gas Plant; and
- Sole gas field and associated infrastructure in VIC/L32, 40 km south of Bemm River, and associated pipeline and umbilical (VIC/PL43 and VIC/PL006401(V) to the Orbost Gas Plant.
The Gippsland Offshore Operations fields and associated infrastructure are in Commonwealth waters and the Patricia Baleen and Sole pipeline and umbilicals are within Commonwealth and State waters. Water depths across the Gippsland Offshore Operations assets range from 9 m to 263 m.
This Environment Plan (EP) is submitted as a revision of the Patricia-Baleen EP and the Basker-Manta-Gummy Non-Production Phase EP to include the operations phase of the Sole Development.
The scope of the activities related to the Gippsland Offshore Operations and covered by this EP are:
Operation of the Sole gas field consisting of the following infrastructure:
- The Sole-3 and Sole-4 production wells;
- A 65 km subsea pipeline and umbilical connecting the Sole-3 and Sole-4 wells to the Orbost Gas Plant; and
- The suspended well, Sole-2
Non-productive phase of the BMG and associated shut-in infrastructure consisting of:
- Basker-2, Basker-3, Basker-4, Basker-5, Basker-6 (ST-1), Basker-7 and Manta 2A wells (& associated subsea equipment);
- The Basker-A Manifold (BAM) and associated subsea equipment;
- Static and flexible flowlines, service lines and control umbilicals associated with the BAM and Basker and Manta wells;
Note that all mooring equipment, mid-water and surface equipment associated with the Floating Production Storage and Offloading facility was removed in 2010.
Non-productive phase of the Patricia Baleen fields and associated shut-in infrastructure consisting of:
- The Patricia-2 and Baleen-4 wells;
- A 24 km subsea pipeline and umbilical cable connecting the Patricia-2 and Baleen-4 wells to the Patricia Baleen Gas Plant; and
- The suspended well, Patricia-1.
Inspection, maintenance and repair activities on the BMG, Patricia Baleen and Sole infrastructure from vessels.
- Commonwealth waters adjacent to
- Titles (or other instruments)
- VIC/L21 Opens in new window , VIC/PL31 Opens in new window , VIC/RL13 Opens in new window , VIC/RL14 Opens in new window , VIC/RL15 Opens in new window , VIC/L32 Opens in new window , VIC/PL43 Opens in new window
Mr Iain MacDougall
General Manager Operations
Level 8, 70 Franklin St
ADELAIDE SA 5000
Telephone: +61 8 8100 4900
*Where an environment plan was submitted or accepted prior to 28 February 2014 certain information is not published, in accordance with the Environment Regulations in place at that time. For accepted EPs, refer to the attached EP Summary for additional information.